Topic: Atmospheric Plasma Treatment. Bonding of LED headlights and tail lights. Plasma pretreatment of housings, covers, lenses. Bonding and sealing of plastics like polypropylene (PP) and polycarbonate (PC).
Openair® Plasma – for tightly sealed, cost-saving bonding of headlights and tail lights
Openair® Plasma pretreatment of headlights is one of the most successful industrial applications of plasma technology. Headlight manufacturing would be unthinkable today without this technique.All leading manufacturers of headlights use Plasmatreat’s Openair® Plasma technology.
Advantages of Plasmatreat's Openair® Plasma pretreatment process:
- Highly effective, uniform surface activation without any heat build-up in the treated surface
- No deformation of housings
- Savings on material, as wall thicknesses can be reduced
- Pretreatment of the entire joining surface (including root and wall areas in grooves)
- Uniform activation also on surfaces of metalized plastics